- Serves 4
- Prep in 10 minutes
- Cook in 10 minutes
Yep lunch, brunch, breakfast or dinner these beauties want to be front & centre on your plate. And in my opinion I think you should definitely help them to achieve their dreams….. 😉
- High Protein, High Fibre Breakfast
- Quick Recipe
- Prep Ahead - Lasts 5 days
- Family Friendly
- 400g boiled & cooled waxy potatoes (I used leftover salad potatoes)
- 1 courgette
- 2 spring onions
- 1 handful each fresh dill, parsley, coriander & a few sprigs of mint
- 4 large eggs
- Salt & pepper
- Avocado oil
- To serve: almond, cashew or your choice of yoghurt/creme fraîche, extra dill & chilli flakes
Use a coarse grater to grate your potatoes in a bowl. Then grate the courgette onto a tea towel or kitchen paper & press lightly to dry. Add to your bowl with all the herbs (chop the leaves roughly, the stems more finely) & spring onions. Season with a pinch of salt & plenty of pepper.
- Crack in the eggs, beat in with a bit of force to help the starch in the potatoes stick the rosti together. Leave to sit for 10 minutes then mix a final time.
- Gently heat a frying pan on low, add 1 teaspoon of avocado oil then plop in 1/4 cup batter per cake. Cook gently for 3-4 minutes then flip & cook for another 1-2 minutes until firm to the touch. Repeat with the rest of the mix.
- Serve topped with whatever takes your fancy & thoroughly enjoy!
- They’ll keep fresh in the fridge for 4 days & can be reheated in a 200C oven for 7-8 minutes or served at room temperature.