- Serves 4
- Prep in 15 minutes
- Cook in 12 minutes
I have been dabbling in the world of gluten free pizza bases for some time now. There have been good moments, intermediate moments, moments of turning to toast for dinner….
When it comes to creating a gluten free dough you have the issue that you have lost the elastic nature of a glutenous grain so creating something that has the characteristic ‘tear & share’ quality is often a stumbling block. You can achieve this with processed gluten free flours but these aren’t something I like to turn to.
So you can guess I was a little pleased when I created this lovely thing!
Now it’s not going to be a puffy sourdough but it definitely lands in the softer gluten free arena (rather than crispy which is the other main option). It also has a depth of flavour that holds its own, which is again something that can be lost from a dough in other instances.
I have suggested toppings that suit my tastes but feel free to add any & everything that you enjoy to yours.
- High Fibre, High Protein
- Plant Powered
- Family Friendly
- Gluten Free, Grain Free
For The Crust
- 120g chickpea flour
- 130g buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch salt, black pepper
- 40ml extra virgin olive oil
- 185ml warm water
For The Sauce & Toppings
- Add all your crust ingredients to a bowl, beat well with a spoon for 5 minutes then leave to sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 200C & line 2 large trays with silicone mats.
- Meanwhile add all your sauce ingredients to a blender, purée until smooth.
- Spread your batter evenly onto the trays, top with the sauce & add your toppings.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes until golden, risen & mouth watering!